Monday 26 September 2016

The Beano Experience - Sunday 25th September 2016




The Beano Experience - A day to remember

On Sunday the 25th of September 2016 I went down to Central London to go to The Beano Experience and it was more than I expected. The event was a huge party, I got gunged, used a giant catapult, bought a Beano notebook, got this weeks Beano and this years annual free (oh, and a squishy tomato, light up balloon and SO/NO Beano foam glove), to top it off though... I met some guys from The Beano. I met Nigel Auchterlounie who draws The Numskulls. I got a nice drawing of myself as a Numskull from him:
Media preview

I also met Kev F Sutherland, I got a portrait of myself from him:
Media preview
But to top it off... I met Michael Stirling. When I went to meet him, I asked him if I could have his autograph. He said yes and asked me my name, so I said "Andrew". He instantly recognised me and said "Andrew Worrall?", he knew who I was and I didn't even have to mention my surname. That was brilliant and I never thought I'd see the day where I meet Michael Stirling in person. I got a bit more than just an autograph as you can see - and I'm now officially The Beano's No.1 fan, as pictured below!

Media preview

Here's me after I got gunged:
Media preview

Using the giant catapult:
Media preview

Tons of fun to be had - it was a great party as you can see!:
Media preview

I will now finish off with a video I took at the event:


Thank you for reading my post. If you are reading this Beano Team, thank you so much for the experience. It was a great party, one of the best I have ever been to, and a real pleasure to meet Michael Stirling, Nigel Auchterlounie and Kev F Sutherland.

-Andrew Worrall

No comments:

Post a Comment